Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Here in the Springs we have ‘Deer Mice’ which try and move in when the weather turns cold. I knew I had seen one in the closet and wasn’t too concerned, figured the cat or dogs would take care of it. I know I’m pretty laid back about this stuff but remember, I have four sons – ‘nuff said. So anyway, last Tuesday while out doing my errands, I was stuck in line waiting and picked up the latest Base (Air Force Academy) newspaper. It just happened to have a long article about how DANGEROUS Deer Mice were! Evidently, they care some type of hantavirus, which is fatal to humans in 50% of the cases. They are just carriers and it doesn’t affect them. SOOO I’m starting to wonder where the closet mouse went, right?



I get home and start on dinner and hear a SCREAM, BARKING and thumping from Son #1’s (Thomas) room. Then sister comes running up the stairs screaming that there is a mouse in Thomas’ room. So, of course, I remember the article and go screaming down the stairs ‘DON’T TOUCH THE MOUSE’ !!!! I get there and Thomas has it cornered under his futon couch and is trying to catch it. So I explain that none of us humans are allowed to touch it. I call ALL THREE dogs into the room and show them the mouse. That was fun! They barked, they chased and they played. . . . in the end the mouse was under the couch, the three dogs AND three sons AND daughter were on top of the bed and I was about to start screaming again! SO, ding goes the light bulb in my head. I put all the dogs into the OTHER bedroom, go fetch Sammy the cat and lock her in the room. BINGO within 40 minutes or so mouse is caught and eaten and all is well. (Virus doesn’t pass to cats or dogs!) Sheesh!



THIS is why I like cats; they get the JOB done!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamey said...

are you going to use both blogs still?

7:28 AM

 
Blogger Kat Simpson said...

Yes, I'll update them all the same and see which one I end up using/liking the most. You don't have to see them all, LOL! MamaKat

7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home